Blockchain is a disruptive technology with a very high growth projection
• According to Statista, the global blockchain technology market grew by 160% from 2016 to 2018 and is expected to grow by $320
between 2018 and 2021.
• The Blockchain ecosystem is a growing one and presents opportunities for trained professionals in a variety of functional areas.
• The potential for a human capital shortage in Blockchain-related jobs has been estimated to be as great as over 350K in the next five
Blockchain opportunities range across a variety of potential career areas:
• Business (e.g., developing Blockchain-based business models across a variety of industries)
• Computer Science (e.g., network security, front-end developers, dev-ops roles)
• Finance and Accounting (e.g., back office processing)
• Communications (e.g., messaging the roll out of new companies, enhancements to Blockchain technologies)